Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Odense to Copenhagen

Hmmm…March 12th. Today we had a bit of a break in the morning to sight see in small groups. Most of it involved window shopping and not actual shopping because everything is so darn expensive. I mean, $8 for a latte is average. McDonalds sandwiches are more than $5 for the sandwich. (No, we haven’t eaten at a McDonalds, but the prices are posted and just to give you a comparison.) Then, we went to the Carl Nielsen museum in Odense at the symphony hall. I think most of us were struck with his wife Anne Marie’s talent for sculpting. Some of the pieces were truly brilliant. Then we took the train to Copenhagen. Just on entering the city I realized the “cities” we had been in were more towns than cities. This reminds me more of NY or San Francisco. We took the subway/metro to dinner and then walked home. I know this entry is short and sweet, but I do have the quote of the day for you…”I am so cold,,,my intestines are shaking!” Not many pictures today, so I will post some more tomorrow.

No comments: